(From PacketPushers.net, Feb 12, 2012)
Trainer, author, and long-time network industry veteran Todd Lammle joins Ethan Banks and Greg Ferro for a chat about the good ol’ days, the days ahead, and how to make it in the networking business.
We hit the following topics along the way.
- Todd, how did you get started in networking?
- How did you transition into training and writing?
- Luck vs. self-discipline – which is more important and why?
- Is blogging a waste of time? What about social media?
- Physical books vs. e-books & e-learning. Does it matter?
- A lot of people think certifications are the answer to IT success. Are they?
- Why has it gotten so much harder to keep up with technology?
- What are the up-and-coming skills someone in networking should focus on to stay relevant?
- When it is time to move on to a different employer?
- What does cloud computing really mean for the networking industry?
- How does someone manage to earn a certification when they also have a full-time job and a family?
- What are some techniques to master the information required to pass a certification exam?
To download this podcast, visit PacketPushers.net.