Cisco has announced that they have finally released what we’ve all been waiting for!
The new Cisco Firepower 6.1 code for all devices.
This includes the new Firepower Threat Defense (FTD), which is the new unified software.
The new FTD image contains all Firepower Services, plus some ASA features.
NOTE: The ASA Code isn’t going away anytime soon!
6.1 and FTD also provides:
• Site-to-site VPN with IKEv1/v2 support
• KVM support for Virtual Management
• High-Availability (finally!)
• VDI Identity (Stop Citrix hosts from accessing a finance server, for example)
• Rate Limiting (give youtube X% of bandwidth, for example)
• Rate Match criteria can be:
Source Zone, Networks, Geo (Only routed mode zones)
Destination Zone, Networks, Geo (Only routed mode zones)
• Risk Reporting (about time!)
• Safe Search for school to use on Youtube and Google (very cool!)
• New web-based local manager called Firepower Device Manager (FDM) – because we don’t have enough acronyms with this product already! New local management of devices:
• Management Scale
• Support for new languages (Korean and Chinese)
• Migration tool for ASA to FTD
Also, new appliances such as the 4100 and 9300 run the FTD image. Nicely, there is a new 4150 coming out that has 22 cores, 400 Gig SSD, and 256 Gigs of RAM!! If money is no object, this is your baby!
There is also new Firepower Management Center (FMC) 6.1 with an all new look!
Check. It. Out.