CCIE R&S Lab 5-Day Instructor-Led Boot Camp
Prepares CCIE candidates for the one-day Security “hands-on” lab exam.
Net+/Sec+ → ICND1/CCENT → CCNA → CCNP →
CCIE R&S Written → CCIE R&S Lab → CCIE R&S Lab Experience → CCIE R&S Practical
GlobalNet Training is pleased to offer this intense course, designed to prepare CCIE candidates for the Routing & Switching practical lab exam. Over five days, candidates will solidify their existing knowledge, expose their weaknesses and gain vital test-taking strategies.
This class is designed for candidates who are within 6 months of their lab date.
This Cert Magazine 2006–2007 Salary Survey illustrates the fact that Certification is the key to a higher salary.
This class does not cover introductory material, as candidates are expected to have a CCNP level knowledge of the topics covered in order to gain the full benefit of the class. This class consists of five hours of lecture per day and five hours or more of hands-on per day. This is a real class and not a workshop.
During the class, the instructor will identify the most common mistakes that candidates make. This should provide each individual with an assessment of their own readiness. Each candidate will work through challenging scenarios on their own vRack of equipment.
The course is fast-paced, allowing you to learn details of topics as well as focus on your specific areas of weakness, strengthen more familiar topics, and improve your speed. With the exam’s one-day format, it is critical that you master the basic elements such as switching technologies, IGPs, BGP and QoS prior to your lab attempt. Each student will have access to their own vRack of equipment consisting of 2800 and 3800 series routers, quad Catalyst 3550/3560s and the needed media types that you will see on your lab exam.
We will not just point you to your rack of 2500 series routers, hand you a stack of lab scenarios and turn you loose. Our team of developers and instructors invest considerable thought and effort into our course offerings. Our courses are developed with a specific goal in mind: to provide you with the tools – lab scenarios, assistance, guidance and lectures – you will need to pass your CCIE lab exam.
We do not use our lab workbooks or e-Scenarios as the course content. Course labs and lectures have been written specifically for this intense boot camp and are completely different materials.
We strongly recommend that you have purchased and completed a majority of the labs in our CCIE R&S Lab Preparation Workbook prior to attending this course.
- Course taught by a Triple or Double CCIE.
- All our CCIE instructors are full-time staff instructors – we do not use contractors.
- Course length is five days, 12 to 14 hours per day (depending on student).
- Students MUST BRING THEIR OWN LAPTOPS.
- Course is held in a training facility in close proximity to hotels, airports and restaurants.
- Snacks and refreshments are provided free of charge.
- Each student will receive some of the industry’s most complex, in-depth and up-to-date lab scenarios (course content specifically designed for this course).
- Each student will receive group lectures as well as dedicated instructor time, where needed, covering various blueprint topics.
- Each student will have access to their own rack of equipment consisting of 13 routers (2800 or 3800 series – no outdated routers such as 2500, 2600 or 3600s!) running 12.3 / 12.4 mainline (with various Frame Relay, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces), and quad Catalyst 3560 Switches. (Each student will be given dedicated access to their individual vRack throughout the course.)
- Your investment is protected by the “Until You Pass!” Risk-Free Guarantee.
Compare with the Competition
Comparing training vendors? Nobody is committed to your success like GlobalNet Training and IPexpert. Ask the other companies…
- Do they have an investment protection guarantee program and how long are you covered by it?
- When you retake their class, do you get full access to a dedicated rack of equipment again or do you only “audit” the class with no access to hardware?
- Are the electronic versions of all updates offered at no charge?
- Do they have full-time employed instructors that also invest in your success by developing and continually improving the training content?
Our Cisco equipment is the latest and greatest available and we provide an online experience like no other provider can. All Proctor Labs R&S racks consist of 13 routers (including Frame Relay switch, Terminal Server and three Backbone routers) and four Catalyst switches.
The hardware is recently-purchased and is as up-to-date as possible. In fact, our hardware is more up-to-date than the hardware seen on the real CCIE lab exam! You can rest assured, our hardware, IOS, and online tools provide a proficient and successful online learning experience!
- (13) Cisco 2800 or 3800 routers running 12.3 / 12.4 mainline
- Various Frame Relay, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Cisco quad Catalyst 3560 Switches
- NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT
Topology (click to enlarge)
- Routers are 2800 and 3800 series ISR routers, and VERY fast!
- 3825 Router with Etherswitch Module in each rack!
- All routers run 12.4 Mainline IOS.
- Each rack is equipped with four Catalyst 3550/3560 switches running 12.2(25)SEE2 IPServices or AdvIPServices code.
- Each rack has Frame Relay, Fast Ethernet, Serial, and Gig Ethernet technologies.
- Each rack has three Backbone routers used to inject routes or other technologies; these are reachable and can be accessed by our clients.
Remote Control Tools:
- All routers can be controlled via the web with our GUI remote control system.
- You will not waste time on our racks… when you begin your session, your routers WILL BE set to the default (blank) setting.
- Each device can be power cycled by our RPC (Remote Power Control) system with a click of a button.
- Single Page Login (no need to telnet to rack’s terminal server). Login and begin using our online hardware instantly.
- Session Management (view scheduled time and reschedule without human intervention).
- Students are expected to have a CCNP-level of knowledge with extensive CCIE-level preparation.
- Students are expected to be close to taking their lab certification exam, just looking for additional hands-on experience.
- Students should have purchased and completed at least 50% of the Ultimate Preparation Workbook prior to the course.
- To maximize your preparation time, the hardware available for rental at Proctor Labs matches the lab topologies of all products. These are the SAME racks used in the course you will attend!
- Before you go, remember… Students MUST BRING THEIR OWN LAPTOPS.*
* GlobalNet Training assumes you have general working knowledge of your laptop hardware and operating system and laptops and software are fully functional during the boot camps. Please be aware that we do not offer any type of support before, during or after a boot camp for configuring, installing or troubleshooting software or hardware related problems. Please ask us for a detailed list of requirements for your laptop.
About the Instructor
Marvin Greenlee – Senior Technical Instructor
CCIE #12237 (R&S, Security, SP) Cisco® IP Communications Express Specialist, Cisco® IP Telephony Express Specialist, VPN/Security Sales Specialist, CCDP, CCNP, MCSE (NT4.0, 2000), Juniper Networks JNCIA-M
Marvin Greenlee brings years of valuable experience in technical consulting and training. In addition to his on-the-job experience while employed at Cisco®, he has written, edited, and reviewed several books and training materials focused on CCIE certification topics. Mr. Greenlee has earned a favorable reputation in the CCIE Lab training community as an active participant on various message boards and email lists.
Jared Scrivener – Technical Instructor
CCIE #16983(R&S, Security, Service Provider) CCDP, CCIP, CCVP, CCSP, CCNP, Juniper Networks JNCIS-M, CISSP #120793, NSA/CNSS INFOSEC Professional, Microsoft MCSE(2K and 2K3), Bachelor Of Information Technology(Charles Sturt University)
Jared spent the previous six years consulting, deploying and instructing in networking– and security-related technologies. He has served as a consultant for several of Australia’s largest organizations. One of his memorable achievements was helping to build and maintain the network for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games… Australia’s largest-ever temporary network.
Jared is now a Triple CCIE (R&S, Security, Service Provider). While he is not the first Triple CCIE, he just may be the first to pass all three lab exams on the first attempt! While teaching and developing CCIE training products and courses, Jared is also preparing for the CCIE Voice certification.
Tyson Scott – Technical Instructor
CCIE #13513 (R&S and Security) CCNP, CCDP, CCNA, CCDA, MCP, Linux Administrator, and ITIL foundations.
Tyson Scott brings more than 10 years of experience in the IT industry, six of those years at a senior-engineer level. He spent five years at Hewlett Packard in its Managed Services division. Tyson also served two years with Advanced Services at Cisco®. Over the years, he has gained valuable “real world” knowledge, having worked on global solutions on some the largest networks out there.
He is responsible for automation programs used to simplify customer experiences and increase customer satisfaction. He is also instrumental in the development process and customer support for various CCIE training products.
The Lammle Training Guarantee is subject to the following terms and conditions:
(i) You must notify GlobalNet Training in writing and provide proof of having not passed an applicable professional certification examination within 10 days (two business weeks) following the last day of the Bootcamp you attended; (ii) Your participation in a subsequent Bootcamp under this Guarantee is based on seat availability in a regularly scheduled, open enrollment Bootcamp; (iii) Except for your Bootcamp tuition and enrollment fees you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in attending a Bootcamp under this Guarantee, including all travel, lodging, meals and other out-of-pocket expenses, such as exams, associated with your participation in such Bootcamp; and (iv) Only individual (single) registrations are eligible to participate under this Guarantee. This Guarantee does not apply to custom or corporate block purchases.