CCIE Voice Lab 5-Day Instructor-Led Boot Camp
Net+/Sec+ → ICND1/CCENT → CCNA → CCNP Voice →
CCIE Voice Lab → CCIE Voice Lab Experience
This intense course is designed to prepare CCIE candidates for the CCIE Voice practical lab exam. Over five days candidates will solidify their existing knowledge, expose their weaknesses and gain vital test taking strategies. This class is designed for candidates who are within 1 week to 6 months of their CCIE Voice lab date.
The class does not cover introductory material and candidates are expected to have at a minimum level knowledge of the topics covered in order to receive the full benefit of the class. We strongly recommend that you have purchased and completed a majority of the labs in our CCIE Voice Lab Preparation Workbookprior to attending this course.
Want the ultimate Instructor Led Training and Lab Experience?
Combine the CCIE Voice Lab 5-Day Instructor Led Boot Camp with our CCIE Voice Lab Experience 5-Day Lab Boot Camp for a discounted price.
This class consists of several hours of lecture per day and up to 12 hours or more of hands-on preparation per day. Be prepared to stay late every evening. During the class the instructor will identify some of the most common mistakes that candidates make and at the end of the week, will provide each individual an assessment of their readiness.
- Taught by one of two CCIE Voice-certified Instructors who are both among the first 90 to ever pass the Voice lab and hold additional industry leading certifications and have several years of experience utilizing and teaching Cisco Telephony courses.
- With a small class size, so each student is ensured individual instructor time and access to their own POD of voice gear. No other course gives you access to this much top-of-the-line voice gear!
- Includes student course material with detailed solutions to 2 full-scale Labs which are covered during the class.
- Students MUST BRING THEIR OWN LAPTOPS. Note: Students using Mac OS or Linux should contact your sales rep for special requirements.
- Course length is five days, 8 to 12 hours per day (depending on student). Our class is the most up-to-date class on the market - guaranteed!
- Course is held in a training facility close to hotels, airports and restaurants.
- Snacks and refreshments are provided free of charge.
- Each student will receive some of the industry's most complex, in-depth and up-to-date lab scenarios (content specifically designed for this course).
- Each student will receive dedicated instructor time as well as group lectures on various topics.
- Each student will have access to their own POD of equipment consisting of the most up-to-date CCIE Voice HW available today!
Monday through Thursday is spent working through a single mock lab, exploring different scenarios. This is done with a modular approach including the following:
- Monday: Intro, Infrastructure, CM Basics, CME Basics, GW, GK/Proxy, SBC
- Tuesday: Voice Security, Dial Plan, Media Resources, AAR , SRST, COR, Unity
- Wednesday: Unity Express, Applications and Features, IPCC Express, QoS
- Thursday: ATA, VG248, Fax, Miscellaneous/Tricks, Strategy
- Friday: Consists of the students working on a mock lab exam
Comparing training vendors? Nobody is committed to your success like GlobalNet Training and IPexpert. Ask the other companies...
- Do they have an investment protection guarantee program and how long are you covered by it?
- When you retake their class, do you get full access to a dedicated rack of equipment again or do you only “audit” the class with no access to hardware?
- Are the electronic versions of all updates offered at no charge?
- Do they have full-time employed instructors that also invest in your success by developing and continually improving the training content?
Each student will have access to the following:
- CCIE Voice Pod that consists of 11 IP Phones
- (1) ATA
- (1) VG248 (shared)
- (1) Cat 6513 with 6348 and 6608 modules (shared)
- (1) Call Manager server
- (1) IPCC Server
- (1) Call Manager Express
- (1) Unity Server
- (1) Unity Express Module
- (1) 3550-PWR switch
- (1) Ethernet Switch Module
- (3) 2811 IOS Gateways connected to a dedicated Backbone PSTN WAN router via E1-R2, T1 PRI, E1-PRI
- DSP resources for Transcoding and Conferencing
- IOS Gatekeeper/Proxy, and Frame-Relay
Recommended Courses, Reading or Hands-on Experience on the Following Topics:
- Cisco® Unified Communications System Administration (CUSA)
- Cisco® IP Telephony (CIPT)
- Implementing Cisco® Quality of Service
- IPCC Express and IP-IVR Deployment (CRSD) v4.0
- Cisco® Voice Over IP (CVOICE)
- Advanced Services Cisco® CallManager MCS Boot Camp
- Students are required to have the solid basic understanding of Voice over IP technologies, CallManager, CallManager Express, Unity, Unity Express and IPCC Express Protocols: MGCP, H.323, SCCP, SIP
- Basic understanding of Gatekeeper (RAS — Registration, Admission and Status) and IP-to-IP Gateway
- Unity and CallManager integration, Unity administration, Call Handler configuration, optimization and system tuning.
- CRA and CallManager provisioning, ICD configuration and intermediate level of scripting.
- LAN/WAN Quality of Service
- All of the CallManager and CallManager Express features
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with Cisco® IPT.
- Students should have passed the CCIE Voice Written exam and may already hold some of the IPT certifications such as CCVP, IP Telephony Design Specialist, IP Telephony Operations Specialist, etc.
- Student should complete at least 50% of the Preparation Workbook prior to the course.
- Students should be familiar with MOST of the following technologies.
- CallManager, Unity, IPCC, Gatekeeper, Gateways, CallManager Express, Unity Express, SRST, AAR, Transcoding and Conferencing, Campus QoS configuration on 6348/3550 switches, WAN QOS configuration on ATM and Frame-Relay interfaces, Call Manager applications such as IPMA, Attendant Console, Extension Mobility.
- Students should have strong troubleshooting skills.
About the Instructor
Our CCIE Voice Lab Boot Camp instructors are among the élite FIRST 90 engineers to pass the grueling CCIE Voice Lab exam. Each instructor possesses several other certifications and has over 10 years of enterprise networking, teaching, writing and development experience. You are sure to receive the needed lecture and guidance that is required to assist you in preparing for this arduous lab.
Vik Malhi — Senior Technical Instructor
CCIE #13890 (Voice), CCVP, Cisco® IP Telephony Support Specialist, Cisco® IP Telephony Operations Specialist, Cisco® IP Telephony Design Specialist and Cisco® Wireless LAN Design Specialist.
With nearly 10 years of IP Telephony training and consulting experience and a wealth of technical certifications, Vik Malhi has proven that he is one of the top Cisco® voice instructors and consultants in the world! Vik was the first engineer to install CM 3.0 in Europe , Has over 6 years of AVVID consulting and implementation experience and has taught CCIE Voice Lab classes for the past several months. Vik has joined our accredited team of experts and will be in charge of updating, supporting and teaching CCIE Voice-related products, services and classes. Vik is responsible for all CCIE Voice training, self-paced product development and support.
Mark Snow — Senior Technical Instructor
CCIE #14073 (Voice and Security), CCVP, CCNP, CCDP, CSE, CQS-CIPCCES, CQS-CIPTDS, CQS-CIPTOS, CQS-CIPTSS, MCSE.
From an early age when his father, a patented inventor with Bell Labs®, first started him on Unix System V, Mark Snow’s passion for technology has not yet stopped growing. With over 12 years working professionally in the IT industry and over 7 years spent consulting internationally with a focus on Cisco® IP Telephony and Security, Mark brings a wealth of knowledge to the training arena. Mark holds a CCIE in Voice and Security, as well as many other Cisco® and Microsoft certifications. Mark plans to begin working on his next CCIE in Storage. Mark is responsible for our CCIE Voice and CCIE Security training, self-paced product development and support.
The Lammle Training Guarantee is subject to the following terms and conditions:
(i) You must notify GlobalNet Training in writing and provide proof of having not passed an applicable professional certification examination within 10 days (two business weeks) following the last day of the Bootcamp you attended; (ii) Your participation in a subsequent Bootcamp under this Guarantee is based on seat availability in a regularly scheduled, open enrollment Bootcamp; (iii) Except for your Bootcamp tuition and enrollment fees you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in attending a Bootcamp under this Guarantee, including all travel, lodging, meals and other out-of-pocket expenses, such as exams, associated with your participation in such Bootcamp; and (iv) Only individual (single) registrations are eligible to participate under this Guarantee. This Guarantee does not apply to custom or corporate block purchases.