CCNA Security Training Boot Camp
In June 2008, Cisco® announced several new certifications, including the CCNA Security , a new associate level career path enhancement. With a CCNA Security certification, security professionals are recognized in the marketplace for their knowledge to assess network business requirements and their ability to translate these requirements into technical specifications to be incorporated into successful installations.
CCNA Security Course Overview
GlobalNet Training’s 4-day CCNA Security Training Boot Camp is a high-energy, instructor-led course that provides system engineers and field engineers with a more in-depth understanding of the latest Cisco® security technologies, spanning a wide range of customer sizes and needs. In this 4-day course, students learn to configure, implement and support secure LAN/WAN environments, as well as monitor and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks.
Our course offers high levels of classroom participation, interaction and collaboration, utilizing:
- Certified Expert Instructor
- Cisco® ISRs with the latest Security IOS
- Cisco® Catalyst Devices for Secure LANs
- Cisco® SDM
- Test Voucher Included
- Testing Center available in the Dallas location
- Course Guarantee!
CCNA Security Training Boot Camp Upcoming Dates
Dan Aguilera instructs in Dallas
New Certification Path
Visit the Lammle.com blog, where Todd further discusses the new Cisco associate level certifications and the future of networking professionals in the IT world.
- Cisco 2800 ISR
- 12.4(15)T Security IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 2900 and 3500 Enterprise Switches
- Cisco’s latest SDM
- Various Third Party Security Software tools
PLEASE NOTE: To participate in the hands-on labs, please bring a laptop computer with an ethernet or wireless connection. Basic Telnet, Remote Desktop, and VPN Client connections will be required.
Each student is trained utilizing live Cisco Routers, Catalyst Switches, VPN concentrators and Cisco VPN Software clients. NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT. We also provide 24/7 access to own dedicated pod of equipment.
Students must possess the Cisco® Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification in order to gain the CCNA Security certification. You may attend our course with the equivalent knowledge and/or working knowledge of basic network security and a solid grasp of TCP/IP and fundamental networking concepts, however Cisco® will not reward the CCNA Security certification without a valid, current CCNA certification.
The CCNA Security course is 4 days of lecture and labs (Tuesday – Friday) and one-half day of review and testing (Friday). The following list is an approximate day-by-day breakdown of the course:
- NAT and PAT
- Basics of NAT and PAT
- Configuring NAT and PAT
- Maintaining NAT and PAT
- Advanced Concepts in NAT and PAT
- Introduction to Network Security Principles
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Network Attack Methodologies
- Operations Security
- Security Policy
- Building Cisco Self-Defending Networks
- Cryptographic Services
- Symmetric Encryption
- Cryptographic Hashes and Digital Signatures
- Asymmetric Encryption and PKI
- Perimeter Security
- Securing Administrative Access to Cisco Routers
- Cisco SDM
- Configuring AAA on a Cisco Router Using the Local Database
- Configuring AAA on a Cisco Router to Use Cisco Secure ACS
- Implementing Secure Management and Reporting
- Locking Down the Router
- Network Security Using Cisco IOS Firewalls
- Firewall Technologies
- Creating Static Packet Filters Using ACLs
- Configuring Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewall
- Site-to-Site VPNs
- IPsec Fundamentals
- Building a Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Configuring IPsec on a Site-to-Site VPN Using Cisco SDM
- Exclusive - IPsec over GRE
- Network Security Using Cisco IOS IPS
- IPS Technologies
- Configuring Cisco IOS IPS Using Cisco SDM
- LAN, SAN, Voice, and Endpoint Security Overview
- Endpoint Security
- SAN Security
- Voice Security
- Mitigating Layer 2 Attacks
Review and Testing
The Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security exam (IINS) 640-553 is offered on the last day of class in Dallas if you are ready. If you choose not to take the exam on that Friday afternoon, a voucher will be emailed to you upon your request. The best chance for success on the first attempt is to test the Monday or Tuesday after the class concludes, utilizing the weekend to work with the software tools we will send home with you.
The CCNA Security certification is valid for three years. To recertify you must complete one of the following:
- Pass any current CCNA concentration exam (wireless, security, voice) or current CCDA
- Pass a current 642 professional exam
- Pass the current CCIE written exam or the current CCDE written exam
The Lammle Training Guarantee is subject to the following terms and conditions:
(i) You must notify GlobalNet Training in writing and provide proof of having not passed an applicable professional certification examination within 10 days (two business weeks) following the last day of the Bootcamp you attended; (ii) Your participation in a subsequent Bootcamp under this Guarantee is based on seat availability in a regularly scheduled, open enrollment Bootcamp; (iii) Except for your Bootcamp tuition and enrollment fees you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in attending a Bootcamp under this Guarantee, including all travel, lodging, meals and other out-of-pocket expenses, such as exams, associated with your participation in such Bootcamp; and (iv) Only individual (single) registrations are eligible to participate under this Guarantee. This Guarantee does not apply to custom or corporate block purchases.