PDA

View Full Version : Bundle Links on EIGRP

ravi
11-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi
I was going through the ccna study guide 6th edition. The chapter on EIGRP mentions, the way, to bundle two links by putting the two wan interfaces within same subnet(page 436 of the e-book). How is it possible to configure the two interfaces on the same subnet :confused: :confused:. i have tried doing it but the router refused to accept the address and gives the ip overlap error:(.
Thanks in advance.

stevec90
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM
You need to have EIGRP enabled and running on the router, or you will get the error.

lammle
02-20-2010, 10:39 AM
I mention that you will get this overlap error on page 437 in a large tip, right in the middle of the page!

Todd

stevec90
02-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Shame on you Ravi!

Pramod.purohit
02-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Shame on you Ravi!

No, if he would have tried on PT then it must given overlap error even if eigrp is enabled on router. Its limitation of PT. it does not support this feature.

stevec90
02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
"Shame on you Ravi!"

I was actually refering mainly to Todd's comment -- not sure what he meant by stating that it is in his book, plain as day.

But anyway, not sure what you mean by "PT" he states he is on a router. ?

lammle
02-22-2010, 08:41 PM
EIGRP and bundled links are in my book only because I use them all the time and that you should understand it, however, with that said, just like redistribution, EIGRP bundled links are above the CCNA objectives. The PT only covers commands that are in the CCNA objectives and it does it well. However, it doesn't go above and beyond the CCNA objectives commands.
My book was only written with real Cisco gear, as it should be. This does not mean that I think that PT is a bad product to study with.
Cheers!
Todd Lammle

diba
08-25-2011, 04:19 AM
I faced problem during implementing a test on EIGRP bundle link as the example in th 6th edition of CCNA study guide, i found this link, somebody had asked the same question and somebody answered the book has error and bundling via EIGRP is not possible!!!!!!!!!!
Did you see that ?
https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/212721

lammle
08-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Who cares what that link says. In my 6th edition I took two real cisco routers, enabled EIGRP and bundled two links.
I've done it in products dozens of times.

diba
08-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Who cares what that link says. In my 6th edition I took two real cisco routers, enabled EIGRP and bundled two links.
I've done it in products dozens of times.
Yes, the issue is that just doesn't work on PT and perfectly works in real routers. I just wanted you to kindly reply that link because many learners may refer to that simply by a google search (like what i did) and find it in top results, many of them may confuse.
Replying to that is considered as a favor from you to all your students sir.

tlhaas
09-14-2011, 03:00 PM
No, if he would have tried on PT then it must given overlap error even if eigrp is enabled on router. Its limitation of PT. it does not support this feature.

This thread saved my life. I was having the same exact issues "address overlap" issues even though eigrp was enabled. Is there a list of stuff that Packet Tracer doesn't support out there somewhere?

edit:

OOOOOH. First post!