PDA

View Full Version : 3560G L3 Routing Issues

alabedekenny
04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone,
I need help on what seems to be simple but driving me crazy.
I have a new 3560G to set up a small network for a remote site. I configured the vlan and an SVI as the gateway. The switch is also the DHCP server for the LAN. I configured Gi0/2 as L3 port, connecting to the nearest neighbor. My network runs EIGRP so i advertised the routes into the EIGRP process. The switch forms EIGRP neighbors and learns all routes in the enterprise network. The problems I'm having now are:
1. The switch learns all routes in my enterprise LAN and can ping devices in the enterprise LAN, but I cant ping any interface on the switch from the enterprise LAN.
2. I noticed that despite the fact that users can get IP address automatically from the switch, they cannot connect to the enterprise network. They can ping only the IP addresses local on the switch, but not any other IP address beyond the switch, although my laptop (ONLY MMY LAPTOP) could connect normally and ping remote IPs.
Could this be a CEF issue? Since CEF is enabled by default???

Please see the debug ip packet details and relevant configs attached

The IOS version (Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICES-M), Version 12.2(50)SE5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Will appreciate your suggestions.

crissa
04-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Hello,
are your sure about:

network 172.27.100.254 0.0.0.0

HTH!
Bye, Tore

alabedekenny
04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah...Tore,
That's the SVI IP address, advertised into the eigrp process.
I dont think advertising the whole /24 network makes any difference.
So I advertised only the interface - or do you think this could cause any issues with routing??

Hello,
are your sure about:

network 172.27.100.254 0.0.0.0
HTH!
Bye, Tore

crissa
04-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Hello,
yes, I think it would be helpful to advertise the whole subnet for the traffic back to the clients connected to the switch.
Bye, Tore

Fuzz
04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
As you're only using that statement to match EIGRP enabled interfaces, I don't think using /24 will change anything.

Can you check the configuration on the neighbour? Are there any route maps configured on either device relating to EIGRP? Any conflicting routes on the neighbouring device?