Buy/Renew

Includes FREE Practice Exams!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Official Lammle User Forum

Default EIGRP Redistributing query

Hi All
    I have a slight confusion regarding the placement of redistribution of routing protocols.

I have 5 routers A, B, C, D and E, and all of them are connected in a line using serial connection in a line like a train.

All the five routers have EIGRP running in them, but A and B and E have AS 10, while I have set C and D to have AS 11. Now, my confusion is : (I) In router C, do do I place a 10 to 11 redistribution and 11 to 10 redistribution on D ?

(II) I have kept in mind Todd's advice in his book, about letting multiple routing protocols in a router which will devour the bandwidth, but I have kept RIPv2 running on some of the routers along with EIGRP as I am just using a simulator and not a real router. Does the setting of the RIPv2 along with EIGRP affects any functioning of the EIGRP in the above mentioned scenario?

Thanks

Milan Chatterjee

Quote Originally Posted by milanchatterjee View Post
    Hi All
    I have a slight confusion regarding the placement of redistribution of routing protocols.

I have 5 routers A, B, C, D and E, and all of them are connected in a line using serial connection in a line like a train.

All the five routers have EIGRP running in them, but A and B and E have AS 10, while I have set C and D to have AS 11. Now, my confusion is : (I) In router C, do do I place a 10 to 11 redistribution and 11 to 10 redistribution on D ?

(II) I have kept in mind Todd's advice in his book, about letting multiple routing protocols in a router which will devour the bandwidth, but I have kept RIPv2 running on some of the routers along with EIGRP as I am just using a simulator and not a real router. Does the setting of the RIPv2 along with EIGRP affects any functioning of the EIGRP in the above mentioned scenario?

Thanks

Milan Chatterjee
    Its Fine in Lab But running multiple protocol can lead to crash of the router !!!
    one the router has to mange the eigrp route then RIP routes !!!
    combination of static + routing protocol can be used !!!
    Anurag Gambhir , Delhi
    India
    CCENT,CCNA ,CCNA Security

anurag4friend@g mail.com

Hi All
    I have found the solution to my answer. It took some lightning, thunder storms and a Can of Pepsi to find the solution. The thunder storms in my place helped to bring down the temperature and suddenly, my brain started functioning.

Milan Chatterjee

Thread Information