Renew at half price!

Buy/Renew

Includes FREE Practice Exams!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Official Lammle User Forum

Default Sybex CCNA Wireless = !Primo!

Despite the fact you hurt my brain, excellent job on the CCNA Wireless book. The book was well-laid out, and the information was accessible.

1) No appendixes = . Even though they aren't on the exam, a little more info on VoIP over wireless and wireless QoS would have been dyno-mite!

2) Your friend better make a mean bean to only have to offer free coffee for wireless equipment.

Overall, I give it a 4.5 (out of 5) stars. Anyone looking to get their CCNA Wireless should include this book as part of their studies.

Final word: As security is so critical to wireless networking, my suggestion to anyone looking to get their CCNA Wireless is to get their CCNA Security first.

Thank you!
    I appreciate the feedback.
    There was just no time to add any more information.
    Everything for the exam objectives is in the book in spades.
    I really overdid on the WCS section! I just couldn't stop writing....
    There is a lot of great information in that book, mostly because there was no were else to find this very-much-needed info. And since I work on this in the field a lot, I find that I use all this information constantly.
    So, it is a little large for the CCNA Wireless, but it is better to have too much info, then too little. That was my thought, and why I ran out of time so no appndx!!

Yes, my friend was a good friend and I got a lot of work done at the coffee shop...the thing is that I did a lot of experiments there because I couldn't bring my real customers down to test all the various settings I used in the book...hehe...

The hands-on labs, written labs, and review questions are spot on for the exam objectives. This book took an amazing amount of work...way more then I had planned on, but it's done!

If you can put a review on amazon, that would be helpful. Too bad they don't have 4.5 starts....you'l l just have to use 5 stars!!

Cheers!
    Todd Lammle

Default Gracias

Review has been written. Yes, I gave it 5 stars, and wrote a VERY glowing review.

However, I bought the book from Barnes and Noble, and cannot post a review of the book on Amazon as they only allow people who buy material from their site to post reviews (if I'm wrong, and someone tells me how to post a review on Amazon, I will gladly also post it there). For what it's worth, the review is easily accessible on Barnes and Noble's website.

I would have done this earlier, but after spending almost a week doing nothing but updating the Cisco Press CCNA Wireless, any review I wrote during that time would have included many bad words about Cisco Press.

To anyone looking at buying the Cisco Press CCNA Wireless, it's still necessary as it is the horses's mouth ( I usually buy both the Cisco Press and Sybex for each cert). The mountain of changes which need to be made to the book make it unreadble before that is all done. But, afterwards, the information is golden. Cisco Press desperately needs to put out a new edition of this book, along with getting new technical reviewers and a copy editor for this subject (this is more than just new info needing to be added, they seriously dropped the ball). If you can wait for that to happen, then I recommend doing that if you wish to save yourself a headache.

you are correct, you can't post reviews on Amazon unless you buy something - anything...you just need to buy one thing and they let you post on eveyrthing.

Thanks for posting on B&N! Apprecaite it!
    Todd Lammle

Totally agree with you about the technical reviewing of Cisco Press books. They have some exam questions that need to be reviewed for clarity and technical correctness. One of my biggest frustrations with the Cisco exams is the way one question will be very subtly worded intentionally trying to trick you, but another is unintentionally vague.

Thread Information